Non-Combustible Steel Construction
Safety Storage S and SE Series buildings are a free standing, relocatable chemical storage and containment structure. The structure includes the following components for storage of flammable or combustible liquids and other hazardous materials.
Safety Storage S and SE Series buildings are designed to meet or exceed the current building code requirements in the jurisdiction in which it is delivered.
Non-Combustible Steel Construction
Non-Combustible Steel Construction – S Series
Exterior Wall Construction: Weatherproof unitized noncombustible steel construction fabricated from welded & corrosion-protected structural & heavy gauge steel sheets for maximum durability, weather resistance & rigidity.
Sump Wall Construction: Weatherproof noncombustible construction, utilizing continuously welded heavy gauge steel sheets for maximum spill containment protection.
Roof/Ceiling Construction: Weatherproof unitized noncombustible steel construction, same as exterior walls, fabricated from continuously welded heavy gauge steel roof sheets for maximum durability, weather resistance & rigidity. Roof/ceiling assembly permanently attached to exterior walls.
Non-Combustible Steel Construction with Explosion Relief Panels – SE Series
Explosion Relief Construction: Includes vent panel(s) located on back wall per NFPA 68 requirements.
Safety Storage S and SE Series - Standard Features
All Safety Storage S and SE Series Non-Combustible buildings are free-standing, relocatable chemical storage and containment structure. Safety Storage S and SE SeriesNon-Combustible structures are designed to meet critical storage, dispensing, or process applications. Each structure includes the following components for storage of flammable or combustible liquids and other hazardous materials.
- Factory Mutual System (FM): Approved & Labeled.
- Non-Combustible Double Door(s): 60”W x 80”H, steel double door(s) located on front wall of building. Active door leaf (36”W x 80”H) is equipped with an exterior UL Listed keyed security lock, and passive door (24”W x 80”H) is equipped with manually operated top and bottom UL Listed surface bolts. Both door leafs equipped with hold open door latches.
- Screened Air Vent(s): Air inlet vent(s) equipped with louvers and screens. The vent openings are arranged to provide air movement and prevent accumulation of hazardous vapors.
- Building Base: Open channel construction for forklift and/or crane slings and under building inspections.
- Internal Spill Containment Capacity: Minimum 30% of total storage capacity. Surpasses regulatory and Factory Mutual requirements for spill containment.
- Interior Finish: High solids, chemical-resistant epoxy coating with a white aliphatic polyurethane topcoat.
- Exterior Finish: High solids, chemical-resistant epoxy undercoat with a heat reflective white aliphatic polyurethane topcoat.
- Hold-down Brackets (4): Structural steel angles for bolting to purchaser’s foundation for seismic and wind load anchoring.
- Static Grounding System: One (1) exterior grounding connection, one (1) 10-foot long 5/8” diameter copper-clad steel grounding rod, one (1) #6AWG copper conductor, and grounding lug(s).
- Signage: D.O.T. hazard classification placard with rust-proof aluminum holder & stainless steel clips; and pressure sensitive NFPA 704 Hazard Rating Sign(s).
- UL Classified & Labeled: Equipped with UL Listed self-closer(s) and UL Listed exterior security lock(s) with keyless interior safety release lever(s).
- Warranty: 15-year structural and 1-year for options
Safety Storage S and SE Series - Standard Exterior Dimensions
Safety Storage hazardous material storage buildings are available in a variety of standard sizes to meet your storage capacity requirements. Our standard sizes are listed below.
- Actual Height: 104” – 120” (Over Height Options Available)
- Exterior Nominal Width: 6’, 8’, 10’, 12’, 14’
- Exterior Nominal Length: 8’ – 52’ (2’ Increments)
If you have a unique application or layout configuration requirement Safety Storage will utilize their Custom Modular Construction designs to fit your specific needs that are easily assembled on sight.
*** Customize your Hazardous Material Storage Building ***
Click on box for information