Temperature Controlled Construction
Safety Storage Temperature Controlled Buildings are designed to protect temperature sensitive chemicals in most geographical locations. Safety Storage Temperature Controlled Buildings can be manufactured with highly insulated walls, floors, ceilings and doors. Safety Storage Temperature Controlled Buildings are available in standard length and width, over height, and Modular Construction configurations.
All Safety Storage Temperature Controlled Buildings are designed to meet or exceed the building code requirements in the jurisdiction in which it is delivered.
Temperature Controlled Buildings
Temperature Controlled Buildings
Low Temperature Freezer: Safety Storage custom designs the building to keep internal temperatures between 20°F and -20°F.
Ice Holding Freezer: Safety Storage custom designs the building to keep internal temperatures between 35°F and 20°F.
Medium Temperature (Refrigeration): Safety Storage custom designs the building to keep internal temperatures between 45°F and 35°F.
Creature Comfort (Heating and Air Conditioning): Safety Storage custom designs the building to keep internal temperatures as desired level requested by the customer.
Modular Construction: Safety Storage temperature controlled buildings are also available in non-standard sizes with industry leading modular construction. FM approval is an option, not a standard feature for the Modular Construction.
Over-Height Buildings: Safety Storage temperature controlled buildings are also available in non-standard heights.
Available Temperature Controlled Systems: Safety Storage offers a variety of installation methods for air conditioners, refrigeration and freezer units including wall mount, roof mount, pad mount and split units. Safety Storage heating units are convection heaters or fan forced heaters.
Non-Combustible / Fire Rated Construction Options: Safety Storage temperature controlled buildings are available with the following construction options.
Temperature Controlled Buildings - Standard Features
All Safety Storage Temperature Controlled Buildings are free-standing, relocatable chemical storage and containment structure. Safety Storage Temperature ControlledStructures are designed to meet critical storage, dispensing, or process applications. Each structure includes the following components for storage of flammable or combustible liquids and other hazardous materials.
- Factory Mutual System (FM): Approved & Labeled.
- Three-hour fire-rated double door(s): 60”W x 80”H, UL Classified & Labeled, equipped with UL Listed self-closer(s) and UL Listed exterior security lock(s) with keyless interior safety release lever(s).
- Screened Air Vent(s): Air inlet vent(s) equipped with UL Classified & Labeled 3-hour rated fire dampers with louvers & screens to provide air flow. Dampers have a galvanized steel frame, curtain-type galvanized steel blades, and a UL Listed 165°F fusible link.
- Building Base: Open channel construction for forklift and/or crane slings and under building inspections.
- Internal Spill Containment Capacity: Minimum 30% of total storage capacity. Surpasses regulatory and Factory Mutual requirements for spill containment.
- Interior Finish: High solids, chemical-resistant epoxy coating with a white aliphatic polyurethane topcoat.
- Exterior Finish: High solids, chemical-resistant epoxy undercoat with a heat reflective white aliphatic polyurethane topcoat.
- Hold-down Brackets (4): Structural steel angles for bolting to purchaser’s foundation for seismic and wind load anchoring.
- Static Grounding System: One (1) exterior grounding connection, one (1) 10-foot long 5/8” diameter copper-clad steel grounding rod, one (1) #4AWG copper conductor, and grounding lug(s).
- Signage: D.O.T. hazard classification placard with rust-proof aluminum holder & stainless steel clips; and pressure sensitive NFPA 704 Hazard Rating Sign(s).
- UL Classified & Labeled: Equipped with UL Listed self-closer(s) and UL Listed exterior security lock(s) with keyless interior safety release lever(s).
- Warranty: 15-year structural and 1-year for options
Temperature Controlled Buildings - Standard Exterior Dimensions
Safety Storage hazardous material storage buildings are available in a variety of standard sizes to meet your storage capacity requirements. Our standard sizes are listed below.
- Actual Height: 104” – 120” (Over Height Options Available)
- Exterior Nominal Width: 6’, 8’, 10’, 12’, 14’
- Exterior Nominal Length: 8’ – 52’ (2’ Increments)
If you have a unique application or layout configuration requirement Safety Storage will utilize their Custom Modular Construction designs to fit your specific needs that are easily assembled on sight.
*** Customize your Hazardous Material Storage Building ***
Click on box for information